John A. Myer represents start-up companies from formation, though angel financing to merger or acquisition. He also negotiates bank or venture capital financing for established businesses and drafts contracts with companies’ employees, customers or vendors. In addition, Mr. Myer represents investment advisers who operate hedge funds and others who manage public mutual funds. Prior to moving to Seattle in 2004, he was an associate at Sullivan & Cromwell (New York and Frankfurt), White & Case (Miami) and Paul Weiss (London).
Before his career in law, Mr. Myer served as a financial analyst and management consultant with Arthur D. Little, Inc. He was also a member of the faculty of the Management Education Institute (now the Hult International Business School) where he taught courses in quantitative methods and financial modeling for MBA students.
Mr. Myer grew up in Austria and speaks fluent German.
- New York
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, J.D., 1995. Honors: Magna cum Laude, Order of the Coif, Law Review, Phi Delta Phi.
- Sloan School of Management, M.I.T., Cambridge, Massachusetts, M.S.M., 1980.
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, A.B., 1978, Honors: Summa cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa.
- Paying for Personal Representatives and their Attorneys May Cost You an Arm and a Leg, 49 U. MIAMI L. REV. 855 (1995)
- Online Securities Offerings and Investor Protection, COMPUTER L. REV. INTL. (6/2001) (written with Stephen Wilske and Sarah A. Barker)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network, Seattle Chapter Executive Committee
- Seattle Alternative Investment Association
- Washington Athletic Club: Board of Governors, Food & Beverage Committee – Chairman, Human Resources & Benefits Committee. Formerly served on Finance and Budget Committee, Audit Committee and Wine Advisory Committee.
- Washington State Bar Association, Securities Law Committee
- King County Bar Association, Solo/Small Firms Section, Business Section